• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello, I need help with Boot =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkyyy

Hi all, I'm new in this forums, I've found it while looking for a forum to ask help with a little problem i have with booting two hardisks.
Ok so, Here's the problem:

Some time ago, I had windows XP only, Then i bought a new hardisk and installed Windows 7, And in the boot list i could select which OS to start and everything worked fine.

Then, I had problems with Windows XP, So i did the repair from the disk, Problems were fixed but.. I guess, The repair disk sort of Overwrote a boot file or something.. So yeah, can't select which OS to boot anymore, Windows XP starts automatically, I tried to boot up the second hardisk By pressing F8 at the begin and selecting the other hardisk, But a text pops up saying: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert bood media in selected boot device and press a key".

I can still see my other hardisk from "my computer" in windows XP, and inside the other hardisk, there are still my windows7 Desktop files, My windows 7 windows folder, etc. Everything seem to be okay, But for some reason, I can't boot it any longer.

Can you suggest me what to do? beside reinstalling windows 7 again? Thanks alot :)

:welcome: to the forums!

I can't give you a good answer to that question however, do you need both OSs? If not I would suggest reformatting and installing WIN7 only...

Back