• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best graphics card that will fit in Dell Inspiron 531?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffRyder88

Hey guys,

I would like to upgrade my Nvidea GT220 to something more powerful so I can run F1 2010. I will be upgrading my psu to a 500w one, but was wondering what the fastest card is that will fit in my system? I think it has a normal pci-exspress slot but believe this is no longer used on the latest cards???

Keeping in mind I will have an x2 5600+ amd processor, whats the best card that wont be severely bottlenecked by this cpu??

How slow would the above system be compared to today's mid range gaming pc's??

Thanks!

edit - just checked, it's got a pci express 16x slot.

Last edited:
A good bet would be a GTS 450 or HD 5770. Not too fast, not too slow, and not too bottlenecked.

re:

A good bet would be a GTS 450 or HD 5770. Not too fast, not too slow, and not too bottlenecked.

Thanks, I've heard the ATI 5770 is the best in the price range. Do you think I could get away with keeping my 300w dell psu??

If not, I'm going for the corsair vx450 psu.

How much slower are the ATI 5750 and 5670 cards?

Thanks, I've heard the ATI 5770 is the best in the price range. Do you think I could get away with keeping my 300w dell psu??

If not, I'm going for the corsair vx450 psu.

How much slower are the ATI 5750 and 5670 cards?

Those 5770s don't use much power at all. Does the Dell PSU have any PCIe plugs?

The 5750 isn't really worth it when compared to the GTS 450, and the 5670 is more of a HTPC card.

re

Those 5770s don't use much power at all. Does the Dell PSU have any PCIe plugs?

The 5750 isn't really worth it when compared to the GTS 450, and the 5670 is more of a HTPC card.

I don't think it does, but I'm upgrading to the Corsair VX450, which I know can run the 5770...Would I get any benefit going for a higher end card, given my cpu will only be a x2 5600+? I'm thinking one of the 58xx cards, or the gtx 460??

Too much for my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back