• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning for down the road.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll be using the same fans.

Delta 120mm x 25mm AFB1212SH
Specs:

3400RPM
113 CFM
12v, .53A
46.5 Db/a

Also, the heater cores are the ones that Danger Den carries.

LOL, yea, it's about the same, your getting a bit more rad space. You prolly flatten out on that magicool at 2500 RPM, any more won't make a huge difference.

I really don't see any gains, the HC's with your fans are very very good.

If you want to upgrade anything, replace the single fan heater core with another 77 Bonnie heater core. They are as efficient as an MCR320 with higher cfm fans like you are using. And be sure to make yourself some plenums/shrouds for them too, as that helps efficiency greatly.

If you want to upgrade anything, replace the single fan heater core with another 77 Bonnie heater core. They are as efficient as an MCR320 with higher cfm fans like you are using. And be sure to make yourself some plenums/shrouds for them too, as that helps efficiency greatly.

Well, I've got another of the larger heater cores...but it looks pretty banged up from being in storage. I'm not sure if it is even water tight at this point. But getting another one definately won't break my bank.

I've got shrouds for them already.

The mounting I'm making for the 120x120 can be switch over to the larger heater core with minimal work.

So...would I be ok if just used the one heater core for about a week or two before getting the second one? It would be less work for me to just make the same mounting twice, rather than make one for the 120x120 and then modifying it.

Thanks for the info, and the advice!

Edit: Here are some pics of the damage. On second thought, it might work. I'll set it up for a leak test tonight.

100_0672.jpg

100_0673.jpg

Last edited:
Well, first hour and no obvious leaks. If it is good in the morning, I'll install it, and then leak test the whole setup for 24 hours.

Back