• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modifying FOP32 From 60 to 80 mm fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bull

I just wanted to put some pics how I modified a HSF for my second comp.

another image I had to drill holes in the adapter to make the clips work. Screws don't hold it well.

And in the comp an Asus a7a266. Not too loud for a 50cfm fan and keeps it about 4 degrees cooler.

Just an easy mod for others to think about. It doesnt take that much time. I had extra screws laying around and used my drill for the holes. Only took about 20 minutes. I put on AS3 but the clip is a pain in the butt but thats the way Globalwin made it.

Silversinksam I got it at heatsinkfactory.com which is advertised on the front. I forget the price but it wasnt too bad. For some reason I can't get the link to work right now. I have always done business with them for cooling supplies. Good products and quick service.

Then you have deadspace in the middle of the fan overclocker and thats what i wanted to avoid.

That looks really nice, I am thinking of puting a similar converter on my pair of SK6s. Right now the ******* Deltas are spining at 8400 RPM, so the comp is louder than my TV in my room. What temps are you getting and have they dropped significantly after the mod?

Fan adapters

I just made a 92 to 60 adapter for my glaciator 2. It's mounted on the side of my case so that it blows fresh air right on the heatsink. At least it will when I get home and install it. The fan is a YS Tech 66.1 cfm and since the pvc adapter I used is rubber, it puts a stop to vibration and keeps the fan very quiet. I removed the stock glaciator 2 fan because I think it will do more harm than good, so with this design I can't open the case while its turned on or else my temps will start going up. But I've got some extra fans to play around with, so maybe I'll put one on the side of the glaciator.

Pics and temps to come. I'm still lapping and I just unlocked my XP 1600+.

Back