• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Driver Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samtothelefet

Registered
I installed a D865GLC System Board and the operating system is running but the network adapters are configured incorrectly. At start-up, the Found New hardware Wizard appears prompting me to install software for the Ethernet Controller. I'm having a hard time detecting the error. In the device manager under Network Adapters, what exactly should be listed? Which driver or combination of drivers constitute a correct network configuration? My Network Card is a Linksys LNE100TX(v5). Here are the drivers I found: 1. ADMtek AN983 based Ethernet Adapter 2. Intel Network Connections Software 3. Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection Software 4. Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller My concern is that while the system seems to be running smoothly now, I may have trouble down the road. Thanks! :D

Thats an add-on LAN adapter you are using. If its working, it has the drivers you need.

If you are still being prompted to install software for your ethernet controller, its maybe talking about an onboard nic on your board.

You can download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard from here:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/dsktpboards/d865glc

Device manager will list a piece of hardware for every NIC you have installed under network adapters. Which device names are listed determines which drivers you need. Sometimes it flags things which don't have proper drivers installed with an exclamation point or question mark.

That's what's weird. No yellow flags appear at this time but the found New Hardware prompt appears at start-up. I'll take another look at the link you sent (I looked at the site yesterday) and maybe I can get this issue figured out. Thanks!

There's only one network driver and one chipset driver available for your board. You should download each of those from the site and install them. Once you do that, the popup should go away, and you've confirmed you are using the latest drivers for your NICs as well as your mobo.

What I see listed is a LAN Intel® PRO Network Connections LAN Driver and an INF Update Utility for 848,​ 865,​ 875,​ 910,​ 915,​ 925 Chipset-​Based Intel Desktop Board Chipsets. Hopefully downloading these 2 drivers will resolve my issues.

When select LAN Intel® PRO Network Connections LAN Driver, a number of selections appear and I'm not sure what to select.

Detailed Description

Installs the LAN driver version 11.2 for Intel® Desktop Boards with the Intel® PRO Network Connection. There are three files available. You only need to download one.

LAN_ALLOS_11.2_PV_TL3_132319_FULL.EXE – full driver package for all operating systems

PRO2KXP.exe – drivers for Windows* XP (Home, Media Center Edition, Professional) and Windows 2000

PROEM64T.exe – drivers for Windows* XP Professional 64-bit

Pick the one that matches your OS - maybe pro2kxp.exe assuming you have windows XP and it isn't 64bit. Doesn't look like they offer any versions for vista/win7.

Back