• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System problem when a sound card is added

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alexxx888

Registered
Well i have been using the card with now problem for 1 month. But tommorow i just start my computer and the windows cant load it stucks at logo screen before loading drivers (the keyboard didnt flash like usual). Then i reinstalled windows but at the second stage ( LIKE on the picture) it got stuck at loading Drivers and i waited some time but after some time i shutted down my pc and start unplugging and plugging the devices.. then found out that everything runs smooth when the Sound Card is unplugged.. So i finished the installation and installed the drivers.. then plugged the card. The pc booted up but when i got the baloon added new hardware and the monitor turned on lines..and cant do anything..

Any idea?

Attachments

• how-to-install-windows-xp.JPG
    how-to-install-windows-xp.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 26
What soundcard do you have? May be a dead card. Either it's a dead card or you're pushing your PSU to its limit with that card in. If you remove another component instead of the sound card does it work again? I doubt that'll work but it's worth a shot.

Its the sound card but i doubt its dead :D.. I think its windows problem maybe..

PS: Sound Blaster live 5.1 sb100

Last edited:
Maybe the mobo slot you're putting it in is bad. I've actually run into that before. I wouldn't think it was Windows unless Windows is just fundamentally incompatible with that soundcard.

Well tried on the other slots too apparently the same issue, but even if the sound is Dead the os cant have this problem....
What leads me to think that the os is the problem is that i reinstalled the OS using a USB flash memory which you know have problems with this kind of stuff and i had 2 start menu errors during the installation. I must tell you that my flash memory has been washed in the washing machine many times and when i store information sometimes i just plug in my memory stick and WTF it is formated :D soo many many factors...

You've washed your flash drive before too, huh? Though luckily mine have always survived the experience without issue.

I'm guesing you don't have the original CD or you have tried it? Also, are we talking Windows XP/Vista/7?

Windows Xp. Well the idea is that when i get some strange error during the intallation is 100% from the Usb memory.. But the windows which i use is from 2002 a friend of mine, who works in the sphere of it, has bought original Windows Xp cd and i asked him to burn it on a cd for me and he did.. At one point around 2006 i made it on iso and integrated sp2 in it so i CAn guarantee the windows is 120% original :D

Back