• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oil for yate loons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bakercake

Is there a specific type of oil I'm suppose to use to keep them from wearing out? I'm noticing that their slowing down.

3 in one works fine. Just make sure to use the blue label one. Another easy option is sewing machine oil, http://www.amazon.com/4-oz-Sewing-Machine-Oil/dp/B000H8Q41Y or similar. They used to sell it at grocery stores, maybe still do. You'll only need a tiny bit, don't do something silly like fill the whole thing with oil :p

Also be careful peeling back the sticker, you'll be reusing it. Might need some rubbing alcohol or whatever to clean off the surface before re-sticking it.

+1 sawing machine oil 'Singer Sawing Machine Oil" just put a drop on some card then use a pin/needle pick up a little on pin then place pin with oil droplet on shaft, let it run down the fan shaft

I just opened a Noiseblocker PK2 fan, and boy that thing has enough oil/grease there for a lifetime. Never seen so much oil in a fan

Most every oil that I know of is not conductive, and will not short out the electrics.

I prefer my little bottle of air tool oil, super fine grade and made for high rpm's. Not that you need to seek it out above others, it was handy and works well.

Back