• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TRUE 1366 RT Rev. C Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neoburai

How's it going? I was just wondering if I should mount more/different fans than the single stock fan on the TRUE. If so, which? Would prefer to order from Newegg or FrozenCPU. Thanks.

Edit: Also what's the best TIM?

The fan that comes with the TRUE Rev C 1366RT is the Thermalright TR-FBD1600, which I believe is sourced from the same oem as Scythe gets the S-Flex SFF21F fan from. The fans have the same exact specs and they look almost exactly the same. If you want to run with a push-pull setup, just get a SFF21F to go with the stock fan, along with a set of wire clips or another plastic fan mount. I would buy from someone besides those 2 vendors though, where you can get a better price most likely. Such as Sidewinder Computers or Jab-tech.

BTW, a push -pull setup will only net about a 2-3 C improvement in temps, in my experience.

best tim depends...indigo xtreme is best for performance, mx-2 is supposed to be the easiest to mount with. Best traditional cpu paste is shin etsu x23 (it's got some other numbers in there too)

http://skinneelabs.com/tim2010part1.html

decent start...there are A LOT of reviews out there tho.

ShinEtsu x23 shaved off a few degrees over AS5, and you can usually find it at a decent price (check out HardForum, always being sold over there in their classies).

If you dont care about noise, throw on a 38mm Delta or San Ace, which Id bet will lower you by about 5c. If you go with another fan identical to yours, 2-3c probably like MuddDok said.

All come sdown to noise really. A 110 cfm 38mm fan cools quite well, but brings out the airplane in your computer.

You can also go with 2 Panaflo L1BX 120 X 38 mm fans in push pull and only be off around 2-3 C on the higher cfm, higher noise Sanyo Denki 1011 fans. The L1BX series are a great compromise between noise and performance. They are rated around 70 cfm at 30 dBA and are accurately rated.

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread where I did some testing with various fans and TRUE heatsink on an overclocked Q6600 system that was at around a 200 watt heatload. - linkage This will show what differences you might see with various different fan combinations and push-pull versus push only setups.

Personally, based on this thread, I like the san aces over the panaflos...but that's just how the tones hit my ear...the deltas aren't really in the same league with the san aces in terms of noise and ESPECIALLY not in terms of motor/bearing whine...least from what I can tell from martin's videos (and my san aces)

Back