• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monstergamin

Registered
I just purchased a Gigabyte 5870C - 5870 and I also got a new 42" HD TV the TV is a new sanyo dont remember model # But I do know it has 3 HDMI ports and 1 VGA pc port I can"t seem to get the HDMI to work .I have a 15' HDMI cable I've plug it into to my video card and on my TV into HDMI port #1 and and nothing.(Made sure TV was set to aux) I get a "NO SIGNAL"message. am I missing something ? do I need a special HDMI driver or something?

Is it showing up in the Windows Display Properties tab? Try to reboot with the TV connected. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Do you have the current ATI drivers installed? After you get it working - you'll probably have to set the underscan to "0" in CCC or you'll have a black border around the screen. Look for the Overscan Hotfix at ATI's site as well...

15 foot cable? Not sure what spec is for hdmi, but that sounds like an awfully long video cable. Doesn't mean it wouldn't work, but I'd lookup the spec to see if that's longer than standard.

Are you doing this with a fresh boot and without any other video connections present? Just eliminating variables here. Do you display bios or anything before the OS loads?

Have you tried the other hdmi input settings on the tv, to be sure the setting matches the physical input you are using?

Any shorter cables you could try to test with your pc closer?

Ok, that's enough picking straws from me.

15' is within spec even for a crappy 28ga cable ;) 24ga will gladly go for 15 METERS :)

Could it just be that you haven't enabled it as an "Extended Desktop" in the Windows "Display Properties" or from your video driver's config panel?

:cool:

Update? Did you try rebooting with the TV connected? And have you checked the Display Properties and/or your Video card's settings for multiple monitors to ensure the TV's output is "enabled"?

:cool:

Yeah!!! I get "Dumbass of the month" Just becuase I bought the cable brandnew from my favorite retailer doesnt mean it is guarenteed to work.
I learned this lesson a long time before I ever opened my first PC panel.
But did I remember it? HELL NO!!!:bang head I decide to check the cable after 2 weeks of pullin my hair out, yeah thats it its a bad cable. Wut a Nub:shrug:

Buy hdmi cables from www.monoprice.com, good quality and like 1/10th the price of big name brick stores.

Also, length doesn't matter depending on the guage. I have a flat 25 footer and it works great.

If you were still failing to get display I would have said check the resolution in your control center... my TV defaults to 1680x1050 res, which doesn't show up, and I have to manually set it to 1080p every time I use it.

Back