• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Masterkleer tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

I have gone from fairly firm but narrow Zalman tubing to Masterkleer 3/8" ID/ 1/2" OD tubing and am shocked how bendy it is.

This is a blessing and a curse, as it kinks like mad.

However, I haven't noticed any change in temps if I let the tube kink (not completely, but bend over on itself 90degs at the fitting).

Should I replace it with something like tygon? :shrug:

If you have the possibillity to replace the tubing that is kinking with a longer piece you probably would get rid of most of the kinking
I used masterkleer myselve earlyer and only reason i changed to another brand was to get the black colour
Exept for that i loved that masterkleer tubing

Thats kind of what I have done - made lots of swoopy bends to avoid kinkage.

It is just completely different to the Zalman tube I have been used to working with.

Well, you can keep the tubing you have, the temps are good so you don't have flow problems I guess. Maybe Tygon with the same wall thickness wouln't kink as bad. Or Primochill LRT. Your's biggest issue is wall thickness I think, even the Zalman had thicker walls I think.

It'll work as is. The tubing many of us like best is Primochill LRT.

Did you go compressions or barbs? Compressions would be expensive to move up in size, barbs really not that expensive, just new tubing. You'll need no more than 6' in your case, so get 8' for just in case..........

I switched to Masterkleer from Primochill Pro LRT for my last two builds (this one most recently) and have not been disappointed. No, it doesn't have anywhere near the flexibility of Primochill pro, but I move cases too often to spend 4x the money on tubing. It doesn't kink badly; that bend in the top you see is pretty tight and winding without even the potential for collapse.

The 'best' IMHO is Primochill Pro LRT...the stuff is great, I wish I could afford it all the time. Masterkleer is a good substitute if you change cases / tinker a lot and don't want to spend all that money. :)

I used MasterKleer once but it was the 7/16th or whatever the ID is and I was very impressed with it with the exception that it stains very easily.

I have no experience with Tygon yet but I do have experience with Feser Tubing and that has done wonders for me.

Back