• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATAIII and USB3.0???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends. Are you buying foe a new build or upgrading?
If a new build, Why not? It doesn't cost extra, it seems to be pretty standard today.

You can always add SATA6 and USB3 via a PCIe x4 card down the road as well ;)

Both of my new systems have both, and they are currently sitting disabled in the BIOS as I don't have any SATA6 or USB3 peripherals as of yet :( Food for thought...

:cool:

yea i am building new

Then you might aswell get it. It doesn't cost extra that I can see and in fact it seems to be pretty standard. What platform do you plan on using? I know on AM3 nearly every motherboard now has SATA 3 and USB 3 standard.

Depends on what you want to spend. Even then, those features are only worth it if you think you will use said features during the life of your system. But, you can always add these in with a cheap add-on card later...

SATA3, yes.

USB3? Not yet. There are no chipsets that support it natively yet. Shouldn't be long till they do, but your best bet is a USB3.0 addin card at the moment. (all current USB3.0 does is canabilize PCIE lanes anyways...)

SATA3, yes.

USB3? Not yet. There are no chipsets that support it natively yet. Shouldn't be long till they do, but your best bet is a USB3.0 addin card at the moment. (all current USB3.0 does is canabilize PCIE lanes anyways...)
Great points! BUT, so long as you arent SLI/Crossfire, you should have plenty of bandwidth/lanes to support those devices. :thup:

Back