• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bios settings for oc on ak31 3.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*JEREMY*

Just wondering what some of you guys are running for settings to get high fsb speeds.Im having trouble even posting at 143.I am running a xp1700 unlocked at 12x137 stable right now at 1.85v.The ram is 2x128 samsung pc2100 but I have ran it at 150 stable on a different board before.I upped the volts to 2.7 on it with conservative timings but still no go.I have tried disabling the usb ports and sound also.I can run the cpu multiplier at the lowest setting and it still wont post above 143.Im confused on what I should have for dram clock setting,I can choose host clock or spd.I have tried just about everything at this point,even moving the ram to diffrent slots and removing one of them.Any ideas?

Last edited:
1600+ (10.5 x 166) 1.85Vcore

KingMax 256Mb PC-300 (DDR 2400)

All at most aggressive timings of rams except of the 1T Command.

Rock stable in Win 98. Goes nuts in Win XP.

In Win XP, I lowered it back to 10.5 x 155

And try default voltage.... could be overheating. Mine won't work at high FSB if the voltage is too high.

I have tried all that stuff guys,the first thing I tried was the removing 1 stick of ram trick,Even tried going up in 1 mhz increments from 133 to 166 and once I get past 144 it wont post and the screen wont even come on and I have to reset the cmos which is a real pain to do when you are testing out every 1 mhz and this was all tried with the multiplier down below default.I am rock stable at 12x137 but from 138 to 143 it will post but wont boot windows and I get an irq error,anything past that is a no post.The only card I have in when testing is my radeon 8500.Im thinking it has to be this ram because I just cant understand what would cause me not to be able to post at anything above 143 even with the multiplier set as low as 8.

What are your memory settings in the bios? Try a bit more conservative. (Higher numbers, no interleave.)

luie, what kind of cooling are you running? can someone tell
me what ram settings they have?

mem settings

Cas2, 4way interleave, lowest numbers for everything else... dropping the settings down didn't help me get higher FSB so I don't think it was the OCZ holding me back...

I have tried all the memory settings now,im so sick of trying because I have to reset the cmos everytime and put all the settings back in.I just dont get it:( My asus a7a266 was more stable than this board.My loaded temps are only 37c at 1.85 so I know thats not the problem.arrrgggggggg!

im running the Default memory settings..I have 2 256mb ddr sticks (no name brand)...
When I started O/C'n this board..it wouldnt boot past 142FSB...Someone mentioned going to 150..I tried it and it works fine...I havent tried going past that yet..
Still running 150 with a vcore of 1.85

could it be the radeon 8500. i seem to have simular problems
also. though it was probably my old 4500 rpm quantam
HD.

To Starfox (Answer to your earlier post),

I am using a lapped aluminum heat sink. It's one of those crappy ones. To make it run cooler, I added another fan blowing from the heatsink's side.

Which means there is now two fans, one blowing on top and one blowing at the side. Both fans are very quiet (5400 rpm)

Starfox said:
could it be the radeon 8500. i seem to have simular problems
also. though it was probably my old 4500 rpm quantam
HD.
I tried out a friends pci vid card and still no luck.I think I might just break down and buy some quality ram next week:(

try setting your ram as "by spd" instead of the default "by host clk"? worked for me and i went from 150 to 166 only to have a hdd crash. oh well......

give it a try!

Well I bought a 256mb stick of Micron CL2 PC2400.Still no change at all.I tried the spd instead of host clock also juliendogg.The farthest I can get my pc to post is 143 and that is with the multiplier down as far as 8 and with my my agp at 2x and it still wont load windows,I get errors like IRQL not less or equal or something like that,This sucks :(

*JEREMY* said:
Well I bought a 256mb stick of Micron CL2 PC2400.Still no change at all.I tried the spd instead of host clock also juliendogg.The farthest I can get my pc to post is 143 and that is with the multiplier down as far as 8 and with my my agp at 2x and it still wont load windows,I get errors like IRQL not less or equal or something like that,This sucks :(

maybe you got a bad board. I had 2 asus a7v kt133 motherboards one was stable @ 109 the other wouldn't even post @102

Thats what im thinking,at least I can get a little over 1600 stable but I was really hoping I would be able to push it to 1700 when I bought this board after seeing the great results that everyone else was getting,oh well thats my luck.

*JEREMY* said:
Thats what im thinking,at least I can get a little over 1600 stable but I was really hoping I would be able to push it to 1700 when I bought this board after seeing the great results that everyone else was getting,oh well thats my luck.

maybe you could sell it to someone no interested in overclocking or has a "b" tbird or duron and then get another one.

Back