• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

### Countdown to 300 more CPUs ###

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
### Countdown to 300 more Clients ###

Well Ive been spending a lot of time digging through other folding forums and I saw something I hadn't seen here in a while so figured it was time for one again. That and at our current rates, in ~6 months we will gain, then lose 3rd place overall to overclock.net unless we step up ppd a good chunk. So its motivation and fighting spirit time here people! Lets get and hold #3!

So here is how this works:

For every CPU you add to T32 starting from the beginning of this week (10/10/10) deduct that from the total number remaining and add the new number to the bottom of your post using size=7 and color=red. Normal clients and non -bigadv clients count as 1 CPU, if you are running -bigadv -smp 8 (8 cores minimum for -bigadv) they count as 2 per instance. Lets see if we can give our team a nice big boost, Go! Go! Go! :rock:

Cheering and boasting is acceptable but try to keep the focus on adding CPUs so the thread doesn't get too cluttered. Thanks ;)

So here we go!

*UPDATE* I guess we can count GPUs for this thread as well. each GPU instance = -1 to the total count.

Last edited:
im back on the case now for the winter over here in the uk pulling circa 13kppd

cheaper running the pcs than the heating lol

Last edited:
Well then I guess we can count that as one since its new hardware :D

Also added 4 i5s and 1 i7, normal SMP though till I get a chance to rework the main i7.

What pik4chu, GPU's don't count? :shock: I make more on my GTX470 than I have on my i7 in the past 9 days with no -bigadv with a total of 25K coming from the GPU's. Sorry to complicate your life.:chair::D

I might come over here in the next few months, all depends of what happens.

Last edited:
Well Ive been spending a lot of time digging through other folding forums and I saw something I hadn't seen here in a while so figured it was time for one again. That and at our current rates, in ~6 months we will gain, then lose 3rd place overall to overclock.net unless we step up ppd a good chunk. So its motivation and fighting spirit time here people! Lets get and hold #3!

You....you....you took my rally war cry!

/cry

:p

What pik4chu, GPU's don't count? :shock: I make more on my GTX470 than I have on my i7 in the past 9 days with no -bigadv with a total of 25K coming from the GPU's. Sorry to complicate your life.:chair::D

I might come over here in the next few months, all depends of what happens.
We should count GPUs folding with the GPU3 client as at least 1 CPU, IMHO, and maybe the GPU2 client as well? Or maybe as half?
But, we'd love for you to come over here and help us out. :D
:salute:

Just a note, the -bigadv flag won't do anything useful on your system. You need 8 cores to use it.
It'll work if his quad has HT.
Rizo, what quad are you using?

Well given the current ppd of higher end CPUs I wasnt expecting many to be doing GPU. However, I suppose we can count GPUs as well in this case. will need to have a mod change the thread title to say 'clients' instead of cpus then ;)

@Jmtyra, he posted his rig in another thread, its not HT ;)

Ah, no HT? No bigadv foo j00! :p

@pik, I'm officially starting to actively recruit Team 32 members for FAH & updated my sig as well. Just an FYI, we will either get this or I'll get banned trying! :D

Too bad... my latest i7 build doesn't count. :( I swapped out a Q6600 build for a 930 build... and now my bigadv is running again. :)

I feel like I need to contribute... so... let's just call that one. :)

cant run SLI'd as the mobo only supports crossfire :( :(

will run them independently.
Thanks Jmtyra ;)

You just need one client per GPU, check on stanfords site for a setup guide on multi GPUs. And they can be SLI, xfired or regular it wont matter as long as the OS sees all the cards.

I'm a bencher first, and therefore my hardware is in a constant state of destruction or "for sale" so I'd make a pretty awful folder. However, I understand your situation and I care about the competitiveness of the forum as a whole.

Would a PS3 running 24/7 help you plight?

Back