Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Poor problem compensation from Sprint

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 10-16-10, 08:50 PM Thread Starter   #1
Celeron_Phreak

Poor problem compensation from Sprint

I have been battling an issue with the two extended lines on my account having issues receiving calls. Two of my phones only recieve 50% of the calls made to them. The phones would never ring, and if they left a voicemail, you would not be notified of a new voicemail until 30 minutes to 4 hours later! You would never recieve a notification of a missed call, just that you had a new voicemail.

I spoke to a supervisor three months into the issue about compensation and they said they could figure something out with me about compensation when the issues are resolved.

My initial call was to tell them to reprovision the account, as my research showed that other customers having similar problems had Sprint reprovision their accounts fixed their problem. In the past five months we have had the phones reprogrammed countless times, we took both phones into the service center to be inspected and troubleshooted (which is a 20-25 mile drive to the closest service center for me to get to), and every time I have called them to have them look into the problem or to check the status on the open ticket I was on the phone with them for close to an hour EVERY TIME. They would close open tickets without resolving them and I would have to have them reopen tickets once a month!

Now, five months later, they do exactly what I asked them to do, reprovision the accounts, and now they are working.

So I ask to speak to a supervisor about compensation on the account. I get transfered through and ask if I can possibly get early phone upgrades on the two phones that had issues, they said they couldn't do that, I asked if I could get a free accessory, they said no, I told them I would figure out a reasonable bill credit compensation for five months worth of issues and to hold on.

I took the 69.99 for the second line and the 19.99 for the third line and divided them by three (3), then multiplied that by five (5) and came up with $116.65.

I asked if I could recieve a credit for $116.65 on my bill and they said NO! I asked "what CAN you do then?" And the guy told me he could give me a $25 credit for THIS MONTH ONLY, but cannot do anything for compensation for the past FOUR months. He was very set on ONLY giving me a $25 credit because he "can only do a $25.00 credit for unlimited everything plans" and "cannot do ANY compensation for previous months".

I find this $25.00 credit for ONE month of my bill, for FIVE MONTHS of issues with the phones, to be insulting and a complete joke! That $25.00 doesn't even cover the gas I used to take the phones to the service center, that's only $5.01 more than the cost of the third line's bill each month. For five months of issues, taking time out of my extremely busy schedule to talk to them on the phone for dozens of hours and take the phones to the service centers, the stress and frustration of missing important phone calls and never knowing about them, I don't see one free accessory or two line upgrades to be "over compensation". They handled the whole problem resolution poorly and extremely slowly, and told me each time "I hope this solves your problems", key word being HOPE, and $25.00 is all they will offer?

Does anyone else see this as a lousy way to retain customers and ensure their satisfaction?

eVGA Geforce GTX 660 OC - HP 2009m 20" LCD & ASUS VS228 LCD
4x 1GB Mushkin PC3200 (3-3-3-8)
Seagate 200GB SATA -- WD 120GB SATA -- Seagate 300GB SATA -- Seagate 250GB IDE
939 AMD Opteron 180 @ 2872 MHz -- ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
HDA X-Plosion DTS -- Connected to component home theater :)

Heatware
Celeron_Phreak is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-19-10, 12:24 AM   #2
Puer Aeternus

10 Year Badge

Not sure if this helps. I've learned to phone back another day or diff time of day and speak to another person to get what i want. Sometimes the person you reach is just simply inflexible or unaware that there are options for you. Phone till you get the right person who understands your issue and is sympathetic. Otherwise you are banging your head against the wall w/ one stubborn person. Take notes, be polite and get their name. Its prolly already stuff you know but maybe not. Good luck!
(the more polite and clear that I am w/ Telephone reps, the better service i get).

i5 4670K @ 4.4GHZ
Water Cooling- Seidon 120m,
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC,
8 g's Mushkin Blackline 1600 dd3,
Radeon 7970 Diamond
Win 7 64bit, Antec Earth Watts 650w
InWin Dragon Rider (case)
Logitech G15
Puer Aeternus is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-19-10, 01:31 AM Thread Starter   #3
Celeron_Phreak

I never raise my voice with them and I ensure they understand the situation and the frustration of it. I will continue to call back until I get someone though, that's a good recommendation.

I called back today because they didn't call me and they offered me an $80 credit, but that's still under the $116.65 I'm shooting for. Not even the $116.65 is the entire bill, my bill is $147.88 every month, so it's not like I'm asking them to pay an entire month of service for me, I just want a reasonable percentage credited to me for all of my stress, frustration, time and gasoline used, to be justified.

eVGA Geforce GTX 660 OC - HP 2009m 20" LCD & ASUS VS228 LCD
4x 1GB Mushkin PC3200 (3-3-3-8)
Seagate 200GB SATA -- WD 120GB SATA -- Seagate 300GB SATA -- Seagate 250GB IDE
939 AMD Opteron 180 @ 2872 MHz -- ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
HDA X-Plosion DTS -- Connected to component home theater :)

Heatware
Celeron_Phreak is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.