• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

difficulty overclocking a 1.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
C

CPIETRAS

How much difficulty will I have getting over 2 gigs? Can this all be done through the soft menu, and fsb?

Thanks

I take it you are referring to the new Northwoods(I just don't like to assume too much)? If so it looks like people are having little trouble getting over 2 gigs with this chip. Infact the lowest oc in the cpu database is 2132. So I'd say you'll easily get there and over with the standard hs/f. You might want to watch your temps though because it looks like the new northwoods are running a little hot.

LOL!
Sorry, yes I was refering to the nothwoods, I just ordered 1 from google yesterday. Any suggestions on a upgrade for the heatsink/fan?

Thanks

well from what i understand the standard hs/f on the thing does a pretty good job. I think the only mention i've seen of a better one was a "sunflower". If you ordered one that came with the hs/f i would try it first and see if it works good enough for you before trying an upgrade.

I re-read your post and you only ordered the chip. What motherboard are you using? The overclock is done over the bios, yes. To achive good speeds you need airflow, and a good heatsink all I have to say.

Yodums

I got the p4t-e, airflow isnt a issue.

Thanks

Back