• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NF-S12B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rttnpig]

Registered
Ive just bought this fan for making airflow on my pc and removing the heat from my 480gtx.

It comes with 3 cables, L.N.A, U.L.N.A and another one that goes connected to the psu (4 slot cable). What should I use to use the max speed? Should I connect it directly to the mobo or should I use any of this cables?

Ive just bought this fan for making airflow on my pc and removing the heat from my 480gtx.

It comes with 3 cables, L.N.A, U.L.N.A and another one that goes connected to the psu (4 slot cable). What should I use to use the max speed? Should I connect it directly to the mobo or should I use any of this cables?
connect it either to the PSU or the motherboard. whichever you want to do. and for your future noctua fan purchases, you can think of it like this when it comes to the fans RPM. ULNA = lowest setting. LNA = medium setting. no adapter connected to it = highest setting (just connect the fan itself to the PSU or motherboard)

Those Noctua fans aren't very noisy at full speed and IMO are kind of useless for overclocking using those inline resistors to slow the fan speed down. They need all the help and rpm's they can run to be effective at all on an overclocked system.

Back