• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bsod bsod bsod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blair15951

Registered
I have an athlon x3 445 that i couldnt unlock the 4th core with so i just decided to oc as much as i could. Right now im at 4ghz with max temps at 40c on a water cooling loop using prime95. Everytime i try to give it just a little more i get bsod when i start prime95. What am i doing wrong? or is that the max i can push this chip?
gigabyte board
ocz 1066
bios settings right now:

Attachments

• 1020001008.jpg
    1020001008.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 83
If you're getting BSOD's when pushing it past 4Ghz, then have you tried more vcore? Also are you running the ram within spec? ie: Timings/voltage?

You probably hit the max on the chip already so if more voltage doesn't help, then 4Ghz is all you gonna get from it.

Also plz resize your pic to 800x600 or smaller.

Maybe if you resize this picture that would help? :p

Im with Neb on this one... 4Ghz is about all you are going to get out of most AMD's on non extreme cooling 24/7.

ya ive tried more vcore but that didnt help....
and well see, the ram has the right timings but its rated to 2.2v but the highest option on my mobo is 2.1v.... im assuming im getting the bsod from the ram but i dont know if theres any way to up the voltage on my ram if my mobo doesnt offer a higher voltage... is there?

Ahh, I see, Well if the max vdimm on your board is 2.1 and the ram is rated for 2.2v, then this might be an issue. However if you already tried more vcore to the chip and are not getting anywhere, then that's another issue as well.

So you're up against 2 problems that may be causing the BSOD. Your best bet is to replace the board if you want to try for more than 4Ghz. No other way around this BSOD problem.

ocz 1066?

does that mean you are using ocz ram?

i had problems with instability then i replaced my ocz ram with gskill ram and got a higher stable overclock on the first attempt.

the thing with the ocz ram in my system was that one day it would be stable and the next it would bsod very quickly under stress. it was completely inconsistent. it only gave me no issues at stock speeds.

lol i have to go to class soon... but ill resize the picture when i get back...
ya ocz ram
i dont have alot of experience with ram
what should i try the timings at?
stock is 5-5-5-18

A screen shot of CPU-Z CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs would help a LOT. If you're running OCZ Gold don't expect a lot. And regardless of the recommended vDIMM of 2.2, which I'm pretty sure is for the 1066 speed and timings, you can always turn it down so it's running about 400 MHz In other words, just drop the RAM divider down to 1:3.33 - though it'll still be slightly over 400 MHz even then and may need a little extra vDIMM above 1.8.

PS
I just figured out you're running 2550 MHz on the cpuNB and the HT Link is running that fast as well. Try setting the cpuNB to 9X and the HT Link down to 7X and see if that helps. :)
(Really need to resize that pic. PIXResizer is a good, free program.)

ocz 1066?

does that mean you are using ocz ram?

i had problems with instability then i replaced my ocz ram with gskill ram and got a higher stable overclock on the first attempt.

the thing with the ocz ram in my system was that one day it would be stable and the next it would bsod very quickly under stress. it was completely inconsistent. it only gave me no issues at stock speeds.
What model of OCZ were you using? Also, if that's an Intel rig you're talking about then it's apples and oranges.

I've got DDR2-800CL4 OCZ Plats that will run ~460 MHz at CAS 4 all day at 2.15v. It's all a matter of the RAM model and what kind of system you're running ...

Last edited:
Back