• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To anyone running ZFS/NFS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

I've considered on multiple occasions grabbing an SSD to stick the zil/ZFS caching on, I've read the theoretical benchmarks but I have to ask, has anyone done this/noticed something actually worth the effort?

That is all :3

-Me

Ach; only in hindsight do I realize my mistake; I was running this all under BSD so by reflex I was appending BSD to all my searches, and not finding anything ><

Thanks for the link, I'm sure it applies cross OS; now I just have to go back to my search of trying to find a cheap but very very fast tiny SSD....

(Am I mistaken in my assumption that all I've found thus far is fast large SSD's or small slow ssd's, rarely anything intermixing...)

Large SSDs use many flash chips in parallel to get high speed. Small SSDs use fewer chips hence slower (using many small chips doesn't make sense economically).

Back