• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win7 wont read my second partition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HealthyAddict

i have 2 hard drives plugged in, one is split in 2 partitions, 30gb and 270gb (one for windows install, and other for storage). the windows partition (30gb) shows up and the second hard drive shows up, but the second partition on the first hard drive doesnt show up in 'my computer'. it does see it in disk manager though.

is there a way for me to fix this? or a way to access the second partition

i have 2 hard drives plugged in, one is split in 2 partitions, 30gb and 270gb (one for windows install, and other for storage). the windows partition (30gb) shows up and the second hard drive shows up, but the second partition on the first hard drive doesnt show up in 'my computer'. it does see it in disk manager though.

is there a way for me to fix this? or a way to access the second partition
Is this a new setup? Could be easy as right clicking on the 270gb space in disk management and selecting format. If you do this any data that was on there would be lost.

the disk has been partitioned like this for a while, did it on xp. just updated to 7, its full of a bunch of stuff

Back