• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I fold on my Toshiba T4500 Laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

I just lost My dad to Single cell lung cancer and I'm taking it hard.I only have a laptop right now and I want to fold again.Will I ruin the laptop if I do?I really feel the need to do this again so maybe we can save someone else from cancer!

the laptop has a dual core Pentium T4500 cpu 3 gigs of ram and win7 32bit.

Thanks in advance.

There shouldn't be any problems with running the client, however you would mostly have to stay hooked up to power since your battery will run down quite fast. The only thing I would worry about is temps, but for the most part the cooling systems do a good job of regulating temps. I would monitor temps for a few days to see their range, I find HWmonitor does a good job for this since it gives you total systems temps and min/max.

You can fold on the laptop. I did for 2.5 years, 24/7, Dell Insperion 2.4 GHz core two duo...now it's dead. I can't say it's from folding but laptops run hot and the additional heat from folding puts a strain on the cooling of not just the cpu but also other parts using that same air flow for cooling.

I used to fold on my toshiba laptop with a C2D T5300 in it, temps would approach 100C until I changed the thermal paste out. Never died, but scared me, and didnt make much ppd, but non the less, go for it!

Back