• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6850 vs gtx 460

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thekillerlama

Hey, I am going to buy a new card soon and keep in mind that I wil overclock it. What do you guys think is the best one and has the best overclocking potentiall?

For the best card, I would say 6850. Using this benchmark: http://hardocp.com/article/2010/10/21/amd_radeon_hd_6870_6850_video_card_review/7

We see that the 6850 comes in ~5 FPS ahead of the GTX 460, in a game that primarily favors Nvidia cards. Granted this is only one benchmark, and it shouldn't be the end all be all, it still shows how impressive the 6850 is, especially considering its $180 price tag (compared to a $200 GTX 460 1GB). For stock performance, the 6850 sits comfortably ahead of the GTX 460, although I haven't heard anything about overclocking...

What we need is an overclocked 6850 CF vs. overclocked GTX 460 1GB SLI comparison in a game like Metro 2033.

From what i saw from the ati specs, compared to the gtx 460, they only compared to the 786mb versions no comparisons to the 1gb versions.

Which is why there needs to be an overclocked vs. overclocked comparison between the two. :)

True, this would be nice to see. Apparently the 6850 has little trouble reaching the same clocks as a stock 6870, but it does have less SPs.

Back