• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blackberry torch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtracc

Hey guys,

Got the blackberry torch a week agoand I have to say rim finally made a blackberry that can compete with the big dogs. Phone is extremely responsive and fast. If you like blackberry, and its time to upgrade you will love this phone. All the new added features really makes this phone a winner.

All BBs are "fast" the first day. Considering many review sites call it sluggish, I am willing to believe that. I've owned 6 different blackberries btw. And since RIM doesn't seem to realize the amount of marketshare they're losing as they fail to release products that are more than 10% new, this might just be my last one.

All BBs are "fast" the first day. Considering many review sites call it sluggish, I am willing to believe that. I've owned 6 different blackberries btw. And since RIM doesn't seem to realize the amount of marketshare they're losing as they fail to release products that are more than 10% new, this might just be my last one.

^^^

More than any other phone I've ever owned or used, BB's bog down big time as the months go by. I owned my Bold 9700 for about a year, but between the deteriorating performance, lack of internet/multimedia options, and apparent water damage (This one was unexpected) causing random shutoffs, I got fed up and upgraded to the Captivate. Best descision I've made, Android on quality high end hardware is amazing.

If you like the phone, thats great, wasn't for me though. And as for RIM dying, I'm not so sure. They're quickly becoming irrelevant in the consumer market, but I feel like they're too heavily entrenched in the business world to be phased out there, at least in the near future. I just think they need to stop trying to compete against the likes of android and apple with "media-centric" phones, they're going to lose. Instead, just make the traditional BB that everyone in the business world is used to and loves, and they'll continue to be a major player.

This really is a business phone that has a lot of bells and whistles for the typical consumer.
I've had mine since September 10th and I've played with both the Droid and the iphone4 and neither one match up in the least for what I want from my phone.
So far the oipposite has been true about the afrementioned sluggishness. RIM started release with OS package .141 and each iteration of OS updates has made the phone faster, snappier and more repsonsive and user friendly.
I don't want a darned media center that can take HD video or play HD movies, that's what my 40" tv is for (not the taking video part.) What I want from my phone is exactly what RIM gave me with the Torch, a completely user friendly device that works for a mix of both business and play but is purely centered around being a PHONE first and foremost that won't drop calls if I hold it the wrong way. I have yet to drop a call with my Torch and that's exactly what I expect out of my phone.

I just want something fast that doesn't take 10 minutes to reboot and has a nice keypad.

Then try the Torch...seriously.
If you're looking for a communication device, you won't find a better phone. If you're looking for something more media-centric, then go with an iphone or something from the Android lineup.

Last edited:
Back