• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI (or express) NTSC TV Tuner... Need some suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenClocker

Registered
I am looking to buy a PCI (or PCI express) NTSC TV Tuner. I am currently in the process of a new build and are looking for some suggestions ? Can anyone help ?

I currently have and GA-7N400 Pro2 with an All-in-wonder that has an integrated tuner. From some other questioning, I gathered these are a thing of the past and it is best to go the dedicated PCI route. Any suggestions ?

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR2250, and it's dang nice. Love the dual tuner and the PVR function.
Comes with a remote control and IR pickup that works with Win Media Center.
Soon I'll be setting it up as an HTPC so I'll have more to say then.

BTW, I've tried a couple of the cheaper ones, I gave away 2 of them and the third can rot in my desk for all I care. Spend the money and get the good stuff.

Worth a serious look.

+1 for Hauppauge...used their PCI cards in the past, and was very impressed. Quality and product support was second to none, IMHO. There are cheaper alternatives, but...they are cheaper for a reason. :thup:

Back