• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage III has raid support with the ICH10 only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zinsco

Am I correct that my board only supports raid with the ICH10 chip, and that the Marvell 9128 chip that powers two SATA 6Gbps ports, and the JMicron JMB363 chip only support AHCI, no raid?

The JMB363 controller supports RAID 0,1,5, and 10.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Marvell 9123 also supports raid just not on the Asus Rampage III, the bios only seems to allow the choice of AHCI or IDE and as far as the JMB363, there is only 1 sata connector and the bios only seems to allow IDE.

The JMB363 controller on your board provides two SATA-300 ports, one adjacent to the SATA ports (mounted vertically on the board) and one as an eSATA-300 port on the MB rear panel.

The JMB363 controller on your board provides two SATA-300 ports, one adjacent to the SATA ports (mounted vertically on the board) and one as an eSATA-300 port on the MB rear panel.

OK, very cool, but how can you raid them? It only gives the option of IDE in the bios. Also, you would have to run a cable to the outside of the case to plug into the eSATA, right?

Back