• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

661 @ 4046.5 running .95 volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
CPUz.png

1393924.png

How good is this?

^^ Exactly.

Whats the load voltage? I was running my 920 at .92 with 4.4Ghz until a load hit it (then it promptly jumped up to 1.45).

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Seriously. Did two benching member just ask if the processor is stable at full load? What is going on here?

It will run daily tasks, surf the web and crunch WCG. The video drivers would crash from time to time. I just thought it was cool.

"An example of great PWM is shown above. Though the video drivers did crash under heavy testing, the fact that surfing the web and GP use, as well as OCCT, would run (with errors at times) without crashing the OS was a big plus." from the review.

I had everything locked IIRC and no load leveling, I like the droop. All energy conserving features were disabled as well for this. I would never run this because if the drivers crash sooner of later the whole thing will go (probably sooner) I just thought it was a good shot of excellent power.

LOL, no, my processor with turbo enabled and all power saving functions disabled still, for some reason, drops voltages like this on idle. Im not asking if its stable, Im asking if that is the actual load voltage. :)

Run P95 small FFT and then do a CPUz screeny.

And correction, Im at .92/5 with 4Ghz not 4.4. I shoot up to 1.35 on 4Ghz actual load. :)

It would bump up but not by much. It was an HTPC style review so I had to push the energy saving perspective. Most people follow the TDP numbers and as we all know TDP is not the same as actual usage. I honestly thought my 905e would spank it but at the end of the day it was close to a draw in the power usage area.

I do the same with AMD this one is 100% stable (rock solid) http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658070

I am actually starting a little study of power usage and what is really necessary. While you boys have been shooting for the stars I have been putting pennies money in my pocket by looking for trends and the like in power usage.

I will hopefully getting an i7 soon so I can have a better idea of the current Intel power envelope (don't tell the AMD guys they may disown me).

So this is not that great then?

This is great then!! Nice chip (tell me what the PWM has to do with it being running so low again? I understand CLEAN power but, if a chip cant do it, it cant do it no matter how many power phases, correct?).

All i want to know is whether it can run WP1024m, and when you're sending it (and the board...) to me :D

This is great then!! Nice chip (tell me what the PWM has to do with it being running so low again? I understand CLEAN power but, if a chip cant do it, it cant do it no matter how many power phases, correct?).

Yes that is correct. You need the clean and stable power as well as a chip that can do it.

What does it have to do with PWM? The PSU is part of the equation and the other part is a bit more complicated. The phases don't matter as much as the quality of the components and that is the truth for low voting or trying to get the most Mhz out of a set voltage or get the last Hz out of your CPU when overclocking.

Last edited:
All i want to know is whether it can run WP1024m, and when you're sending it (and the board...) to me :D

It does that better @ 5Ghz on a P55 board this was done on a P7H55D-M EVO.

I got a lot of interesting results if anyone is interested.

Back