• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Key Factors Impacting Memory Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Great read on what makes memory fly - Ralph Nelson, aka Deep Powder (9/29/2007)

Problem Definition (Test What?)

Having done significant DDR memory and AMD A64 CPU testing on AMD setups, I was wondering how that experience would relate to my new Core 2 Duo E6600 setup. What would be the dominate overclocking factors? To see I ran a series of tests using SuperPi (1M digits) as a performance metric.

Results were obtained using the following rig: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, eVGA 680i motherboard...

... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks to input from various members of the benching team, this article has had some corrections made to the HTML powering the page, and its now accessible in its entirety. Due to site upgrades in the past year, it was originally missing large portions of its contents. While its a bit of an old article its still a relevant topic, I've been going through updating some old articles to make sure they are available for all visitors, which as a side effect also creates discussion threads for old articles which previously didn't have comments enabled.

This article in particular has great testing, and some especially interesting supporting evidence. Though dated at this point, interesting stuff!

Awesome! Thanks for fixing it imog, i'm going to read through this in great detail.

I'd love to see a modernized version of the data collection, if anyone is up for running the tests. :)

This is stuff thats often discussed, but rarely supported with actual numbers implying exactly what sort of impact these settings have.

I'd love to see a modernized version of the data collection, if anyone is up for running the tests. :)

This is stuff thats often discussed, but rarely supported with actual numbers implying exactly what sort of impact these settings have.

miah just did a 6-9-6 to 7-7-7 comparison...that might be worth a writeup

I've been mostly folding over the last couple years but don't really have a farm to make much of an increase in score. Plus my interest lies in understanding of how things tick and tweaking to get the max. out of the hardware so I've joined the beaching team.

MIAHALLEN has built an excellent overclocking guide for the Intel CPUs so I see no need to reinvent that. I will start testing various setting and developing the results much as done in this original study. It'll take awhile to do the testing at a statistical level; I like to see "real" differences. Plus I'm sure there are a number of side roads that will be of interest.

Bench on. :D

Back