• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MIPS RAM cooler 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

Hi

I am interested in the "MIPS RAM cooler 7 'Corsair / Mushkin Edition' Nickel POM Limited Edition" to cool my four Corsair XMS3 Dominator modules (just to finish my system off as everything else is now water cooled). Is this the best cooling solution for 4 modules? Most of the others are designed for intel systems and so cool 6 modules, however I am running an AMD.

Anyone used one? :shrug:

Well, ram cooling is unnecessary honestly. But, were you to feel the need to cool it, I believe that mips is the preferred way to go. You will see literally no extra OC though, and there's no fan on your ram, so you won't get anything out of it but bling...just so you're aware.

What Mort said. Unless your pushing 1.8v to DDr3 with no case fans at all you don't need it. That said, I buy tons of things I don't need. :D

I agree - I don't need it, the Dominators have heat spreaders anyway.

Stupidly I bought a Zalman RAM cooler going cheap, but it is very noisy (although supposed to be ultra quiet!) it got me thinking about adding a RAM water cooler just as something else to do....

I am running out of things to add to this system, and can't afford to start a new build yet...

is there an english version of mips website? nvm i found it

Last edited:
Back