• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K9N6PGM2-V WHICH PROCESSOR TO GET?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grindking

i am wondering which processor i should get. right now i have an amd athlon 64 x2 5000+. i want to get a quad-core but i am not sure which one is the best to get. i have 4gb of ram and a geforce 9800gt 512 mb video card. I am looking to play current games. most of the minimum system requirements for the games are i want to play are higher than what my cpu has. here is a link to the suported processors:

http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=prodcpusupport&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1472#menu

I wan't the fastest one that i can get, or something that is the best all around mostly for games. If there is a couple different cpu's that are similar and i can get something that is more cost effective, then i might go with that. What do you guys think. thanks :welcome:

Or for the same price at zipzoomfly you can get the Phenom 9750 95watt, which is supported by your mobo. It should be a huge upgrade. Make sure you have decent airflow and flash your motherboard to the latest BIOS!

Phenom 9750 95watt at zipzoomfly - $105

Oh wait... neither of those are are available... Well try and find a Phenom 9650 or 9750 and don't get a 9600! The 9600 has a bug that is incompatible with Windows Vista and 7, get the 9650 instead.

Last edited:
thanks alot! i'll get the 9750 once i save up the money, hopefully they will still have it in a few weeks.

Back