• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stuttering after playing game for 1 hour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kopet.mambu

Registered
hi bro, newbie here :salute: and need some helps.

my system spec.:
athlon II x2 240 TRAY, no oc
xigmatek achilles
biostar GF8200E
DDR2 2x1GB pc6400(before: single 2GB)
MSi gts 250 twin frozr oc edition(before: xfx 4850)
WDC blue 320GB sata II
Speed power 500w, 80+(before: fsp SAGA II 500w, 80+)

here is the problem, when i'm playing games for 1 hour, stuttering just happen. (even in low end games like: hitman, gta SA, CoD-MW1..LoL)
first i thing its caused by RAM, so i change it but still not solved. Then i change vga card, but still not solved. then i change power supply, but still not solved.:drool:

now, its caused by cpu/mobo??
plis help..thanks:burn:

Last edited:
You have said nothing about your temps, either CPU core temps or GPU temps. We know nothing about your case ventilation either. It would be helpful for you to run Prime95 for ten minutes with HWMonitor already open. Upload screen shots of both. Also upload screenshots of CPU-z tabs: "CUP", "Memory" and "SPD". I am also suspect of your PSU, even though you changed it. A no name (Speed Power? Never heard of it) 500 watt PSU trying to power a high end video card like that may not be cutting it. How many amps are the PSU's 12v rail (or rails) putting out according to the label specs?

And what do you mean it "stutters"? Does the computer crash, restart spontaneously, blue screen, lock up, visual artifacts on screen? Or, does it just get balky, herky jerky, slow?

i try occt runs for 10 minutes, success.
fulload @38'c.
12v1 is 25a, and 12v2 is 18a.

my stuttering is frame skip every second.

Is streaming video choppy?

Can you take a pic of the inside of your case. I would like to see the arrangement of components and where the video card is located in relation to other heat producing components. Do you have an althernate PCI-e slot?

My best guess at this point is there is a cooling/heat problem either with the video card or the chipset.

Last edited:
yes, its stuttering in game videos too, every games

and, i dont use a case

Last edited:
Do you have the latest motheboard chipset and video drivers (for you graphics card, I mean) installed? Do you have the latest bios installed on your motherboard?

What about the bios? If this is a bios bug it could be fixed with a bios flash upgrade.

You said you're running Win 7, and you only have 2GB of RAM.. and you're stuttering while playing these games? I bet you're out of memory and it's going through the page file a lot. My suggestion is to add another 2GB of memory so you then have 4GB. Win 7 also does not install your chipset and graphics card driver by itself. There may be generic drivers included sometimes, (I think my Asus P5KPL-CM with an Intel G31 chipset had a basic driver installed for it when I installed 7 on it..) but you should still check the manufacturer's website and load the newest chipset and graphics drivers.

i dont think so, because hitman is 1gb recommended
Every OS has different system RAM requirements. No game can make a blanket statement like "you need 1 Gb of system RAM to run this game" without taking into account the OS that it's running on. (1 Gb of free RAM is a different statement and Win7 may not be leaving you that much.) A basic XP install doesn't eat as much RAM as Vista with all the bells and whistles turned on - and that's a fact I've seen for myself - so 1 Gb of RAM with XP is a lot different than 1 Gb of RAM under Vista. (Again, unless we're talking about "free" RAM, not just total installed RAM.) I can't comment on Win7 because I'm not running it on anything as yet but I can see where Parad0x420 may have a valid concern.

PS
A similar situation comes up when a game says it will take 5 Gb of hard disk space. If you only have a 10Gb disk, which is double what the game needs, but you're using 7 GB of it already then the game isn't going to have enough room to install itself.

The difference is that if there's not enough room in RAM it will page out to the swap file, which causes a delay ...

Last edited:
Back