• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75DRV2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drosne01

Disabled
I have an Anthlon 1600+ XP, but it is recognized as only operating at 1050mhz by the motherboard. In WCPUID it recognizes the cpu as an Anthlon MP running at 1062mhz. Is the CPU actually running at this speed, or is it just being displayed incorrectly? Anyone know how to get the cpu to be recognized at the proper speed?

I have the latest bios - rev. 4 and I have one stick of 256mb Corsair DDR2400.

Thanks for your help!

cpu.jpg

I've heard that the board has some problems with the XP. Here is what the soltek website (www.soltek.com.tw) says:

----------------

The compatibility problem occurs because

1. The design of AMD Athlon XP (Palomino/Morgan) is different from the design of AMD Athlon (Thunderbird/Spitfire), ( see Pic 1, Pic 2, and Pic 3)

Pic1:

Athlon1.jpg

Pic2:

Athlon2.jpg

Pic3:

Athlon3.jpg

and
2. the AMD Athlon XP samples delivered to Soltek Computer Inc. are different from those sold to the market (Mass production version) at this moment.

Even though ALL Soltek Socket-A mainboards have gone through intensive compatibility test before shipped to the market, there is still chance that the mainboards delivered already to the market is not compatible with Athlon XP processor, as all the test were performed with the sample processors received from AMD.

If your Socket-A system could not function normally after installing AMD Athlon XP processor, please visit our 'FAQ' and 'DOWNLOAD' section, select your mainboard model, and read the processor upgrade detail.

FAQ: http://www1.soltek.com.tw/English/faq/75DRV.htm

BIOS: http://www1.soltek.com.tw/English/download/S75DRV2.htm

-------------

If the latest BIOS hasn't fixed the problem, you should contact Soltek and see what they say. Perhaps they are still working on it.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

PS When you get it working, tell me how you like it, I'm thinking of getting the DRV4 version of this board.

Thanks for the info--
Unfortunately, the bios upgrade did not solve the problem. Also, their tech support is based in Taiwan, which will cost a pretty penny to call, AND they are on holiday untill the 18th of February (some Chinese holiday...?).

try setting your dip to 133MHz ... your only running at 101MHz fsb.... its page 26 on your manual :)

Back