• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New card to play Bad compan 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sheenp77

Registered
Hi all. Ive just started this up in nvidia section but wanted to ask it here too as i have read that ati cards work beter with bc2.
I wanted to start a thread just to ask for general advice before i upgrade my graphics card for playing bad company 2. Ive just sold my e8400 and bought a q6700 as the game was maxing out my e8400 @ 3.7ghz constantly at 100% usage.
I have a zotac gtx 260 216sp at the moment.
Im considering 2 options.
1 - buy an sli capable mobo (£50 ish) the another gtx 260 (ebay used £75 ish) or
2 - sell current card and buy newer gpu. keep p5b board and dont upgrade.
Which would be best for better fps and better eye candy?

option 2 i have potenially £200 to spend on gfx card as 75 for my gfx card and not spending the other on new mobo and gtx 260. What can i get for £200? even second hand on ebay?

thanks for reading and any help would be most appreciated

If you want something right now, Radeon HD 6870 is best for your budget. I'd recommend selling the gtx260, since newer architectures have much better sli/crossfire scaling and more performance improvements w/ each driver (especially for DX11).

Or you can wait and see if the 6900 series release later this month will reduce prices on other gpus before buying.

With my setup the only bottleneck was my 4890, I'd say a 5850 or 6850 will be the ticket with any quad.

Back