• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The amazing dissapearing client

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokrswild

Hey guys, have a small (annoying) problem..

For some reason, a few of my CLC's decide not to work. when i run the client, the dos window pops up, and immediately dissapears. The only solution i have seen thus far is to just start a different WU with a copy of the same client. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you moving your WU from one machine to other via a floppy or a network? I had a simmilar problem:

I'm running WIndows XP Pro at home with a cache of 30. AS I'm on a dial-up at home, I zip my finished WU and copy them to a floppy and transmit them from my work PC. AFter I finished uploading/downloading I burn the WU into a CD and move them to my home. If I copy only the WU into the awaitng folder when SETIDriver reaches one folder that still contains it result.sah file it stops, idling my computer.

The solution so far has been to remove the folder when moving my finished WU and copy the whole folder with the downloaded WU afterwards.....Seems to me that if SETIDriver (or the clc) finds that the WU info in the results.sah, work_unit.sah and maybe user_info.sah are diferent then an internal error happens that terminates the processing.....

Back