• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 460 (768M version) temps question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

For the article I'm going to try and get written.

Could some of the GTX 460 users let me know what your temps run at for this configuration when running GPU3:
Core/Shader/Mem 851/1702/1800 Fan @ 85%

Thanks!

I cant quite hit 851 but here is 852/1705/1800 Fan 85% Temps steady at 43c and add your Temp in there T so I can see how it compares.

Attachments

• 460temps.jpg
    460temps.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Thanks! Interesting. I've been seeing much higher temps for some people gaming/benchmarking on the 460, though I haven't paid much attention to their speeds.

My two cards are running 9°C apart. Both running at the same settings and pulling similar PPD. I was thinking the higher temps I'd seen might be due to running in enclosed cases, but looking at this, I'd say a lot of vairiability might just be due to how good the TIM was applied.

Thanks for the data!

Well to add that variable in ...the side is off my case...as it always is. I can check it with it on.

EDIT: Not much difference 44c and now an occasional 45c with side on. I got lucky with this one... stock HS/fan mounting.

Well to add that variable in ...the side is off my case...as it always is. I can check it with it on.

Sure! More data is always appreciated.

Though considering I've got mine on a completely open benching station, and one is running hotter and one is running colder than your's, I suspect it might not change that much...

Edit: Sorry missed your question. One card is running at 48°C and the other is running at 39°C

Maybe this will help? Fan speed is at 75% and ambients were in the low 70's

bikepics-2092573-full.jpg

Interesting mx! I switched my settings to match yours, and I got a 2-3°C rise in temps. 51°C & 41°C

Ambient is about the mid 60°F range.

Edit: And I was running GPU3, not Furmark.

Temps should be slightly lower when folding from what I have seen. Especially the last few days, some wierd WU's that are only getting temps to half of what they normally are, but giving tons of ppd

No, I think we've pretty much killed my idea that the type of case is going to make a big difference in temps for these cards.

I know running an open benching station makes a big difference for really high temp cards like the 9800 GX2 or the GTX 295, but it looks like the GTX 460 doesn't need that much help to keep temps down.

Ok lemme know if you need anything at all. I have tons of cards I can throw in to do testing.
these screenshots were done in an open side panel case with good air flow sitting on the floor. temps may be lower than i think. High 60's

torin, are you after info on the 768M version only ??

Well, my theory got pretty well trashed, so I'm not following up on it anymore.

But if you feel the urge to expand the data pool, I would be interested to see how they compare.

(Sorry about being so late to respond...I crashed. 70 hour weeks are killing my free time...)

Here's my GTX460 running on the same rig as my GTX 260-216 and i7 @ 4.0 ghz - ambient temp @ 84F.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 197
Back