• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer hangs from video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

ok well i first thought that my computer was hanging in 3D games because my FSB was up to high so then i droped in down to 133 and still the same problem so i asked this question in AMD CPU and they said it could be because my video card. Currenlty is was overclocked so i set it back to default but it is still tweaked for fastest setting. i havnt had time to try it out but am wondering if having all the settings to fastest could matter. its just a cheep geoforce 2 mx card all i could afford at the time.

thanks

It's called the VIA WIN2K/XP AGP Bug. Live with it, because the 'fixes' don't work either. Using the latest detonators will help somewhat...but I still get lockups in half-life generally after 5 minutes of playing.

Yet another reason why I'm moving to intel...don't have to live with VIA.

SKYY said:
It's called the VIA WIN2K/XP AGP Bug. Live with it, because the 'fixes' don't work either. Using the latest detonators will help somewhat...but I still get lockups in half-life generally after 5 minutes of playing.

Half-Life/Counter-Strike don't lock up at all for me. its only a few games that does like max payne
and it only happenes once or twice for about 20-30 seconds then runs fine. its not a big deal i just dont like having bugs in my setup. if its just a driver problems i dont care.
any other sugestions?

SKYY said:

No you don't. I don't know the answer right off but someone here probably does. They will probably need to know all the settings in bios/video. do remember that this is an oc site and the answer is probably here some where. Not many here that say something can't be done.

Did a little looking and you do have the latest mobo bios, right. Take a look at this and see if you get any ideas.

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=4494

Last edited:
Back