• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with dvd burn issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
I am not sure if the two are connected, but here is my issue:

Since installing an ssd and changing to AHCI mode as is needed, I can not seem to successfully burn a DVD anymore. No matter if I use Nero or Roxio, I get a burn process failed. It goes through the entire process, but at the very end will give the error.

It appears it is erroring while writing the lead out?

The disc actually plays on the computer, but will not play in a stand alone dvd player.

I have tried 3 different writers, all give the same results. If i put them into a sep computer they burn fine.

This only started since installing the ssd and changing to AHCI mode.

I am using windows 7.

It also seems if I lover the write speed to minimum it will complete successfully 50% of the time. If i set the speed to automatic it fails 9 out of 10 times at the writing lead out portion.

I did try with 2 different brands of discs.

One of the burners is an Asus and the other 2 are Samsungs.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem I can burn fine but I cannot get reliable reads on disks after my SSD install...
Sometimes it can take over 15 mins to get the disk to be recognized by the drive, I have a IDE dvd rom I'm going to try out and see if the problem persists

Changing to atapi mode? I have not had a single issue with atapi since xp sp2. I normally use ONES (or imgburn) to burn either data or video but never music. I'm assuming your optical drives are sata? ONES uses it's own driver but you can switch to SPTI if you want. I also found a fw update to my sata burner from here.
http://www.firmwarehq.com/index.php
I think if the ssd supports trim, ahci mode is what the ssd's should be using. I don't have one yet so I could be way off the mark here.

Last edited:
Changing to atapi mode? I have not had a single issue with atapi since xp sp2. I normally use ONES (or imgburn) to burn either data or video but never music. I'm assuming your optical drives are sata? ONES uses it's own driver but you can switch to SPTI if you want. I also found a fw update to my sata burner from here.
http://www.firmwarehq.com/index.php
I think if the ssd supports trim, ahci mode is what the ssd's should be using. I don't have one yet so I could be way off the mark here.

No, you are right. I wrote atapi but meant ahci. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Yes all 3 drives I tried are SATA drives.

Back