• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Temperature Problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

forceflow3

Registered
I was wondering what the max temperature my P4 1.7 Ghz socket 478 can take is. I have it OCed to 2.05 Ghz @ 2.1v. Does anyone have any idea what is a good temp. It is at around 39C under heavy load. (or how I can attain a higher OC? I don't entirely get the voltage thing.)
System:

P4 1.7(478)/2.05
Abit TH7II-RAID
Swiftech MXC478 cooler (Arctic Silver 3 for contact)
Antec SX1040B Case (450W PS)
512MB Samsung RDRAM
60G WD Caviar HD
TDK 32X10X40 CD-RW
Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1
Visiontek Xtasy Geforce3 Ti500
Too many fans to count

Last edited:
39 under full load is not too bad. Some people here are reporting over 50 and that's not acceptable. If you broke past the low 40's I'd start looking for better cooling. I wouldn't push much more voltage into that chip either.

Thanks for all the replies. Well then if that is what I am aiming for then I guess I am content. Now, what should I actually DO with it while I am not playing games? lol. (actually that isn't a rhetorical question) I feel left out without any stars but I just joined so that is really to be expected so I will just put a smilie. :D There, now I feel better.

Back