• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte GA-EP45-UD4P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csorrentini

Registered
ok so i purchased a gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P from a seller online and when the product comes i realize that its a GA-EP45-UD4P.................does anyone know anything about this board??? i googled it and everything and cant find any info on it. the seller isnt responding back either so i filed a petition on paypal. any help appreciated

Are you sure it's EP45-UD4P? Is that what it says on the motherboard's PCB? I have never heard of it, and Gigabyte doesn't even list that board on their website. Here's all the P45 boards they have listed:

Capture.JPG

yea i know i checked on the website and thats exactly what it says on the board GA-EP45-UD4P i just sent gigabyte a pic of it to its rather upsetting! ill attach a picture of it for you.

2aes3z8.jpg

That is truly strange, especially that it has no SB or mosfet heatsinks. Maybe it was an ES back in the P45 days?

Does it have a serial number stick on it? (Typically on the ATX24p connector)

Yeah, weird, also the GIGABYTE SATA2 chip (aka JMicron) with it's port GSATA2_0, GSATA2_1 connectors are also missing.

But another strange part is the Smart TPM chip is there, cause the cheaper version like UD3R doesn't have it and only with one gigabit ethernet port, this one has two ethernet ports (the two Realtek chips) exactly like UD3P.

One strange board indeed.

Take look at the top left corner from your mobo pic, which rev number its printed there ?

UD3P has 3 revisions which are 1.0 , 1.1 and 1.6.

yea no kidding now im just wondering if i should keep it for testing purposes or not lol. who knows i may have hit a jackpot........doubtful but never know haha

I bet it's an Engineering Sample for a product that never got released.

Sounds like an ES to me as well. Pre-rev1.0 and it's not listed on Gigabyte's website...

It would be fun to play with. I have a UD3P with a blown mosfet I could rip the heatsinks off of and strap on a UD4P.

Back