• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some questions regarding 7.2 systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

I have a receiver which can support 7.2 That being said; I was wondering if there was any way to hook up the sub from my old z5500 as a secondary sub to the system, or if this is even reccomended? I'd be fine simply duplicating the signal from the primary sub, but given the strange connections on the sub I'm not sure if this is even doable.

/Sorry for my incompetence at all this.

it can be done. is the reciever a true 7.2 or does it just have dual sub outputs? a true 7.2 is basically stereo for LFE. MOST implementations are just a extra output, same thing as a y splitter. that said, if it is a real deal 7.2 than having different subs on each channel will probably sound wonky. if its just the extra output route than itd be just like adding the sub to the room, smoother bass response, more volume, etc.

what are these strange connections on the sub that u speak of?

Back