• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are HIS/PowerColor quality?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twtnopjkarna

Registered
As the price of the Sapphire 6870 has for some reason rocketed up from 244.99 a week ago to 259.99 today I am left looking for another 6870 brand to save the 15-20$ difference... What can you guys tell me about HIS/PowerColor in relation to reputation, quality, support? I figure since the 6870's are all reference cards right now... there wouldn't be much difference between a Sapphire/XFX vs HIS/PC other than stickers, rep, support... Thank for your opinions in advance :p

HIS, VisionTek, Powercolor? Or should I wait another week and settle with something like a Sapphire or MSI/XFX? If what I suspect is right, being reference designs anyways nothing should matter besides support/warranty.

My 4870 was a Visiontek and was flawless for years. Being all reference designs, I say go for lowest price, but some people just feel they need a lifetime warranty. Most cards for people are gone in 2-3 years for us tech savvy.

Back