• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watt levels when Leaving or Overclocking 1055t TurboBoost on max?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenohitsu

Hi, can the 1055t be run continuously at 3.3ghz (the max turboboost) for all six cores, and if so, how is this enabled? Can it only be done by disabling Turboboost and overclocking the stock 2.8Ghz? I am unsure if only 3 cores are Turboboosted or if all six are. The reason is because I do not want to exceed the 125 watt rating on my motherboard and know that TDP is not the actual output, so if it's safe to just leave it at 3.3ghz (even if, in actuality, as in some reviews have shown, some cores only go up 100 or 300mhz). Thus I'm not sure if it stays under 125 watts with only 3 cores boosted or if it's around that amount with all 6 cores boosted.

To get all six cores to operate at the turbo boost speed I do believe you would need to disable turbo boost and manually overclock it. I doubt you would harm your motherboard by exceeding the 125W TDP. If anything, it would get unstable first but my guess is those TDP ratings have more to do with the system hanging on start up than harming it by running in overclock mode. Maybe someone else can shed light on this.

Hi, can the 1055t be run continuously at 3.3ghz (the max turboboost) for all six cores, and if so, how is this enabled? Can it only be done by disabling Turboboost and overclocking the stock 2.8Ghz? I am unsure if only 3 cores are Turboboosted or if all six are. The reason is because I do not want to exceed the 125 watt rating on my motherboard and know that TDP is not the actual output, so if it's safe to just leave it at 3.3ghz (even if, in actuality, as in some reviews have shown, some cores only go up 100 or 300mhz). Thus I'm not sure if it stays under 125 watts with only 3 cores boosted or if it's around that amount with all 6 cores boosted.
AMD sells it as a 125W CPU so anything it does stock, such as boosting 1-3 cores up to 3.3 GHz, will also stay within that 125W rating. It may or may not exceed 125W if all cores were overclocked to run 3.3 GHz.

Considering the way AMD rates their CPUs you could probably overclock and stay within the 125W if you stick with stock vCore and cpuNB voltage. Note when I say "stock" I do not mean Auto in BIOS as many BIOS's on Auto will boost the vCore above stock voltages ...

Back