• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF Benching Tek's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cold.nut

I have been thinking for a while now that it would be a good investment for our benching team to invest in a GPU pot. Our team already has a CPU pot, why not push some 3D to the max under subzero! :shrug:

My idea was that each person could pitch in a certain amount of money toward the pot (via paypal or something of that sort), then I could probably work a deal with Vince Lucindo to give us a discount on one.

I figured I would start this thread to bring up the idea again.

Let me know what you guys think :thup:

I think it's been thought of before. And like the loaner cpu pot, I don't really think there are drawbacks. :shrug: It just never happened before.

Really! Not even technically a member of the team yet.. get er done cold.nut!!! then jump in balls deep for other things!

I have been thinking for a while now that it would be a good investment for our benching team to invest in a GPU pot. Our team already has a CPU pot, why not push some 3D to the max under subzero! :shrug:

My idea was that each person could pitch in a certain amount of money toward the pot (via paypal or something of that sort), then I could probably work a deal with Vince Lucindo to give us a discount on one.

I figured I would start this thread to bring up the idea again.

Let me know what you guys think :thup:

It puts the benches on the HWbot or else it gets the hose again!
images

i know guys! i don't wanna make a pansy submission though.. :) i am worth more than 0.1boints.

i got some submissions coming in as soon as i can get a pot for my p4 631. like i have said one million times, i refuse to push my 6000+ until i can put it on dice.

so i will have to withhold from the team until i can get my dang pot.

but hey, on topic!

:thup:

i will join, it is a matter of when i get the time to submit some benches i have done.

i know guys! i don't wanna make a pansy submission though.. :) i am worth more than 0.1boints.

i got some submissions coming in as soon as i can get a pot for my p4 631. like i have said one million times, i refuse to push my 6000+ until i can put it on dice.

so i will have to withhold from the team until i can get my dang pot.

but hey, on topic!

:thup:

i will join, it is a matter of when i get the time to submit some benches i have done.

:blah: :p

don't make me come up a few posts and kick you! :D

i am serious about the upcoming submissions. i just need to get my pot so i can do some initial testing on air. then push some ln2. i don't even have a 775 compatible heatsink on me :rain:. i just plan on getting the pot and some yate loons. then putting the loons over the cpu pot for some initial air tests.

I believe you, it's just you need to get on that. Had you joined the team before, you might have been able to snag my old pot. :p

I joined with all .1's.
Most people do, really. Unless they have a Sargas, or a i3 dual core, or a fermi, or a six core anything.

i am not like most then :)

enough from me though. i will get some good scores up asap!

Any scores are a start, then work on knocking them out of the park. We dont expect you to hit a homerun at your first at bat... but I like your zeal! Less posting, more benching!

:)

Back