• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Pump on a Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You would have to figure out if the fan controller can provide the necessary amperage for the pump. Especially the startup power. How many watts can the fan controller handle per channel?

I don't think a 655 could do it but what about those newer DangerDen style pumps like skinnee tested. Those pull really low amps and might be able to do it, maybe even straight to the mb so the onboard could control it.

The MCP655/D5 is rated up to 24W, so a 10W/channel controller isn't going to do it. Another question is, why would you need to anyway? The D5 is practically silent, in my experience.

I don't think a 655 could do it but what about those newer DangerDen style pumps like skinnee tested. Those pull really low amps and might be able to do it, maybe even straight to the mb so the onboard could control it.

Yah, I have a jingway 600(danger den cxp1) plugged into a fan header on the motherboard,it works fine but it cannot be adjusted in the bios, no big deal. I tried to plug it into my sentry 2 fan controller and it runs the pump but it would not adjust the speed, also it tripped the alarm buzzer on the fan controller.

Yah, I have a jingway 600(danger den cxp1) plugged into a fan header on the motherboard,it works fine but it cannot be adjusted in the bios, no big deal. I tried to plug it into my sentry 2 fan controller and it runs the pump but it would not adjust the speed, also it tripped the alarm buzzer on the fan controller.

it sounds like the mobo lacks fan control, not the pump. Anything that varies the voltage SHOULD slow the pump...though that may not be the case, depending on how it's setup.

I was thinking that it would be nice to find a Fan Controller that had the Auto function like the Sentry2 that, would have 30w per channel that way when you OC the Fan Controller would only increase water flow and fan flow if the CPU/GPU heated up alis keeping your PC at lowest temps and ultra-queit with having not to mess with knobs!!!

I know... I have the pump, my case is near silent, now I want to make it automatic, for air/liquid flow.... when I OC

firstly ZOMG your siggy is killing me...its OBNOXIOUS...had to get that out there sorry :D

secondly: turn your fans all the way down, like, as low as you can without them stopping. Do you hear your pump? If so, it's probably mixed in with the noise of the hdd, psu fan, and any odds you have...you don't have a noisy pump, it's not a 355, it's not an iwaki :: you won't hear it in any reasonable situation. There have been stories about this. My favorite was a guy who had just finished watercooling his pc and he kept hearing this weird noise, his girlfriend (being a bit snippy) was like "isn't that supposed to be silent now?" So, he went and found the source of the noise. It was the refrigerator compressor...which was 2 rooms away...there's reason to undervolt fans, but no reason to undervolt a 655.

firstly ZOMG your siggy is killing me...its OBNOXIOUS...had to get that out there sorry :D QUOTE]

Glad to see it bothered you!!!

Now, when I turn off all my case fans (exhaust) there are 7 slim YL Low that you can not hear, running very low..... again the goal was to MAKE IT AUTOMATIC to increase lfow air/liqiud when the temp riase dur to OCing... as it is now I use the one fan controller w/knobs to do that... I was trying to find a way to do it automatic...

Idle Temps = 32c
Full Load Temps = 39-41c

AS IT IS NOW>>> this builds is near silent,,,,just trying to AUTOMATE IT!!!!

I know... I have the pump, my case is near silent, now I want to make it automatic, for air/liquid flow.... when I OC

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but slowing the flow down will cause temps to increase, which will mean fans will have to be turned up to make up for the difference. The pump is already near silent. It seems to me that leaving the pump alone and slowing the fans down would make the most sense.

I have found that runing the pump on settings 1-3 yeild nearly no temps change... now on setting 4 and 5 my temps raise 4c-9c leaving my fans at low setting, which tells me that the faster moving fluid is not being cooled fast enough (unless increasing the fans from silent to noisy)?? AND before anyone thinks to say to add radage... I have a Feser Quad and a Swiftech 120.3 so I have more than enough radage.... again the whole idea of this build was to be as QUIET as possiblie at all times while never going over 40c under full load and still be QUIET...

now the OP was to see if was possible to find or use a AUTOMATIC fan controll to accomplish this with out having to turn knobs everytime I OC at the click of a button, so I was looking for advice here about it... I already have a very VERY VERY quiet WC rig...

all my components for this build are of the quietest that can be
pump
fans
rads

so now I was only trying to find out if there was a way to get the CONTROLLER to increase flow both air/fluid at the same time and to do it automatic like my Sentry 2 Fan controller. which thanks to several here have answered that it is only 10w and I need a 24-30w per channel controller.... so now if we could get the rest of posters that were talking about noise on the same page, we might be able to find an answer to the OP ....

which people might find useful when they use the turbo key or quick click in Win... to go to preset OC...and not have to turn knobs up and down everytime they do...

I have one of those... But i could not get the software running in win7 64bit. I wrote an email to Alphacool almost 2 weeks ago, to get some help, but they havent answered yet... Just a heads up.

Thanks,

I am running Vista 64 so I am assumming that would be the same issue than!!

I dunno to be honest. I've seen some germans run it on win 7, so it might just be me that's got the problem. but I just dont like the fact that they dont reply to a customer within 2 weeks. I went out and bought another fan controller, and havent been able to sell the Alphacool yet...

Back