• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats my Q6600 worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I hadn't just spend all my money on WC parts and an extra GTX460, I would have bought it from you Rizo....

I would just love to push that chip of yours to the 4Ghz mark. Thats all... ;) You wanna switch yours with mine before selling? :D

Sounds nice with a new build :)

i think my board isn't up to the job of 4ghz. max vcore and 433fsb and x9 and it doesnt get past windows loading. been through all the settings, it just wont get to windows :( memory is set manually too @866 @1.95v. runs all day @ 1.95v @ 1066mhz, native is 800

Yeah well I would like to have those problems, I need massive volts to just get to 3.6 :( I'll soon have the cooling ready to go +1.7V, but it's not that much fun with a "slow" chip like mine. I might get it to 3.8 if I'm lucky, but with a chip like yours I could actually hope for 4.0Ghz.

Why on earth do you need a new CPU for???

Quad core at 3.6 GHz is fast enough for today's standards... even for games / video encoding.

I'd honestly wait for the newer Sandy Bridge processors which come out early 2011...
If you still need a CPU then... the i5 and i7 prices will drop a lot by the end of 2011.

These Q6600 chips still go for $100-120. So, that would offset a good bit of the cost of an upgrade.

will probs sell the cpu with the mobo in the end. Will stick them on ebay and on here after xmas.

I will cover half the shipping cost from the uk to usa for you guys ;)

I upgraded from Q6600--->i5 750-->i7 860, and while you probably wouldn't notice the performance from every day stuff, just the mere fact of maxing out at 3.6 with 4 threads vs. Maxing out a 4.9 (4.4 Every day) with 8 threads, justifies the cost difference.

I think I parted out the MB, RAM, CPU from my Q6600 and got about $330 towards my i7 setup. I think it was a good price offset.

Back