• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need Core 2 Quad\ddr3 1600\dual PCIe 2.0 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

Hi i am new here and recently got back into doing some gaming. I currently have an Intel DX38BT mobo that i got when they came out and i hate it to no belief and its causing my bsods every 5 mins of gaming so its time for a new one. I havent been keeping up with all the new stuff and i cant find and mobos to replace it with on newegg so maby someone here might know of a good one.

it needs to be able to support Core 2 Quad Q9400, DDR3 1600 RAM, and have at least 2 PCIe 2.0 slots for Crossfire. would also like to have some decent ability to overclock and perfer with an optical port built in (cause im too cheap to have a soundcard)

id recommend getting an i5 with lga 1156 socket

the core 2 series have started to cause slowdowns in some games...

well i am extremly strapped for cash right now. with low hours at work+paying off my new truck+ keeping my old truck running+college = NO MONEY. but i figuered i need a comp that wont get a bsod randomly when using it normally and every 5 mins when playing a game so if a mobo is all i need, then im good happy.

ya on newegg, that and another with bad reviews were all i could find on newegg but thats cause they dont search the discontinued ones anymore. thats y im asking here if anyone knows of any. just like i cant find my dx38bt on there anymore without using google thats y i will probably have to get off amazon or somethin.

o also for the Foxconn Blackops, i probably will get that since it can be converted to air and ill still have what i need to make it water cooled when i do that. but im still open for suggestions

alright im having a hell of a time finding this board still for sale anywhere. anyone know of any other boards or where to buy this one?

Back