• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell UltraSharp U3011 30"eIPS Monitor $1124 or $1090 DPA + Free Shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

I finally bit the bullet and ordered two of these. :clap:

(Deal ripped from SD)
---
(Dell SB) Dell UltraSharp U3011 30-Inch eIPS Monitor w/ PremierColor $1124 or $1090 DPA + Free Shipping! / Coupon Works on LCD U2211H eIPS $209 & U2711 eIPS $824
  • IPS (in-plane switching) technology for minimal color deviation across a wide viewing angle
  • 30" (76cm) display with 2560x1600 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio for clear images and exceptional multitasking
  • 117% (CIE 1976) color gamut with excellent AdobeRGB and sRGB coverage for rich, lifelike visuals
  • Easy, versatile adjustability and some of the latest connectivity options, including HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, USB ports and a 7-in-1 media card reader
Coupon Code = P?XSB2$8XSH3M3

Final Price After 25% Coupon = $1124 or $1090 DPA + Free Shipping

Linky [dell.com]

These other eIPS Monitors are available below:

Oh how I do want one, but I've already drained my electronics portion of my budget for thsi month,... but one can always bend the rules right?

I have their unltra sharp 24 inch wide. They are nice but way overpriced. Will never buy another Dell because of the price not the quality.

I have their unltra sharp 24 inch wide. They are nice but way overpriced. Will never buy another Dell because of the price not the quality.

Sorry dude, but I beg to differ...
I bought my 24" Ultrasharp a very long time ago. Actually, I think it was Oct 2005. KNOCK ON WOOD, it still works, beautifully... only one dead pixel (for yrs now). It's one of the most beautiful panels I've used as a PC monitor... just the memory card slots on it aren't always working nicely....

I got mine on SALE for $800 back then, and they were worth ~$1300. I've been DYING to buy the 30" and while this is a nice sale, it's still way too much to spend over a grand on a PC monitor.

I'm still using my 37" 1080p Westinghouse as my gaming monitor on my PC... I loved the ultrasharp 24" for gaming for a few yrs, though... I do like the tighter resolution more, which is why I've always wanted the 30"...

Dell's monitors are nothing to make fun of... they are fairly priced and the expensive ones (at least in my experience) have kicked major behind!!

I bought my 24" Ultrasharp a very long time ago. Actually, I think it was Oct 2005. KNOCK ON WOOD, it still works, beautifully... only one dead pixel (for yrs now). It's one of the most beautiful panels I've used as a PC monitor... just the memory card slots on it aren't always working nicely....

I got mine on SALE for $800 back then, and they were worth ~$1300. I've been DYING to buy the 30" and while this is a nice sale, it's still way too much to spend over a grand on a PC monitor.

I'm still using my 37" 1080p Westinghouse as my gaming monitor on my PC... I loved the ultrasharp 24" for gaming for a few yrs, though... I do like the tighter resolution more, which is why I've always wanted the 30"...

Dell's monitors are nothing to make fun of... they are fairly priced and the expensive ones (at least in my experience) have kicked major behind!!

Well seeing the prices of other monitors which have the same/better specs i still stand by what i said. Maybe i need to try another monitor manf with same specs as my current dell to see if there is a big difference.

Do you play FPS ? I have BFBC2 maxed and i get some tearing with the dell. I wasn't sure if it was because of the response time or the video card kicking out too many frames.

Do you play FPS ? I have BFBC2 maxed and i get some tearing with the dell. I wasn't sure if it was because of the response time or the video card kicking out too many frames.

Response time doesn't cause tearing, it causes ghosting... graphics card kicking out too many frames for the monitor to display causes tearing... turn v-sync on... :thup:

I have a 30" monitor from dell and it is freaking fantastic. Most of my games look AMAZING. with the resolution you almost don't need AA turned on. I think the only two games that I can't run at 2560x1600 are crysis on ultra and the force unleashed (which doesnt support the resolution). If you have the money I would HIGHLY recommend one of these, they are fantastic. Also, you can view 3 pages of text at once in word.

edit to add a little more reviewish stuff:
Out of the monitors I have used (Dell, Hyundai, Acer, BenQ, Gateway, Apple, Viewsonic and Samsung) I have always found the dell monitors to be nice on options for things like aspect scaling. Their stands are on the nicer end of the spectrum for stock monitor stands with support for both height adjustment and swivel. Unless apple and gateway have changed their 30in offerings in the last year the Dell monitors offer significantly better connectivity for other devices supporting component and hdmi.
It should be noted the following is in reference last years model of 30" monitor, but I can't see it getting worse in anyway: Response time wise I have never had an issue even on fast paced games such as Unreal, they look fantastic with no ghosting. My only real complaint is the the blacks are not quite as dark as they could be when watching a dark movie. Also if you like gaming at high settings you need to be prepared to upgrade your video cards more often as running one of these monitors is almost the same amount of pixels as running 2x 24" monitors
In reference to longevity, my 21" monitor that I have had since 2005 still runs great 5 years later and looks great.

To echo Albaholic below: DO IT

Last edited:

My 2405 is sitting right beside the U3011's. I've had the 2405 for just under six years and can easily say its one of the best upgrades I've ever made since it stayed with me through several rigs. I can only hope the U3011's serve me just as well. That being said, I know they're not for everyone but i figured someone here might wanna jump on this deal since this is the cheapest I've ever seen them.

Oh how I do want one, but I've already drained my electronics portion of my budget for thsi month,... but one can always bend the rules right?

Do it :rock:

Dang, bought 2x of them? :shock: Maybe I need to move to Hawaii, must be flowing of milk and honey there :eek:

Nope. Not really. I've been saving for these for quite some time. I was just waiting for the right sale. I've tried HP's offerings in the 24" range. The fact that it didn't scale for non native resolutions really soured me on the purchase. I can say I'm happy with the U3011's although I may end up with a sore neck. They span almost the entirety of my desk.

Now down to $1012 shipped :shock:

From SD

Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" eIPS Monitor w/ PremierColor $1012
with stackable codes JW77Q0NTPXR$0K and P?XSB2$8XSH3M3.
Specs for the U3011:

* Resolution: 2560 x 1600
* Panel Type: S-IPS
* Response time: 7ms
* Viewing Angles: 178 degrees / 178 degrees
* Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1 typical / 100,000:1 Dynamic
* Adjustments: Tilt/Swivel/Height/Pivot
* Inputs
o 2x HDMI
o 1x DVI
o 1x DisplayPort
o 1x VGA
o 4x USB

I got tearing also... I didn't know that was the monitor's fault. Either vsync on (no tearing) or vsync off (tearing but much higher FPS). I run no vsync for games on my 37" 1080p that I use as a PC monitor and the tearing is not very noticable. Perhaps you're right...

I'm sooooooooooo tempted to buy this monitor, but I know I should hold out. In fact, I'm trying to save up money to get lasik... such a tough decision!!!!! I've been putting in overtime, but if I put any more I'm going to start losing sleep again.

I HATE THESE THREADS!!! All it takes is one popular, lengthy thread, with people being convinced to order... which all just drives me to want to join the fun/party!!! :mad:

I got tearing also... I didn't know that was the monitor's fault. Either vsync on (no tearing) or vsync off (tearing but much higher FPS). I run no vsync for games on my 37" 1080p that I use as a PC monitor and the tearing is not very noticable. Perhaps you're right...

I'm sooooooooooo tempted to buy this monitor, but I know I should hold out. In fact, I'm trying to save up money to get lasik... such a tough decision!!!!! I've been putting in overtime, but if I put any more I'm going to start losing sleep again.

I HATE THESE THREADS!!! All it takes is one popular, lengthy thread, with people being convinced to order... which all just drives me to want to join the fun/party!!! :mad:

Pull the trigger... You know you want to. It'll be a worthwhile investment

I know!

I'm going to have to stick to my budget guns though. Too many other things to purchase and too many things that I need to "impulse buy" this time of year.... so no 30" glory for me yet. :rain:

One day I'll join the cool club :grouphug:

Back