• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All about WU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

checkeredhat09

Ok so looking at my HFM.net screen for hours on end got me thinking about work units.

How exactly are they given out to clients? I know that apparently some of the newer WUs are great on the GTS 450. I keep seeing threads on specific WUs that people like or dislike, like they get a great variety.

I swear that I have not had a different work unit on my any of my 4 GPU clients for ever. It's always the P10112.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Fold On! :salute:

How exactly are they given out to clients? I know that apparently some of the newer WUs are great on the GTS 450.
We could tell you, but then... :shock:

As of right now, the released clients don't do a really good job of selecting WUs based on hardware. It is more of "this unit is needed, so it gets assigned". There is some talk of the client getting better at this in the v.7 client.

Careful what you wish for. How would you like it if your hardware was best at the worst producing WU out there and, as a result of hardware based assignment, that's all you got?

We could tell you, but then... :shock:

As of right now, the released clients don't do a really good job of selecting WUs based on hardware. It is more of "this unit is needed, so it gets assigned". There is some talk of the client getting better at this in the v.7 client.

VERY interesting...but ChasR has a point...if I got stuck with the worst producing WU...

TIME TO CHANGE HARDWARE :rock:

Back