• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 750 @ 1.46vcore = "working as intended"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I think someone at Zotac needs to start firing their technicians. This is for my H55ITX wireless.

I contacted them about my i5 750 running at "default" of 1.46v core, which is way too high. I can lower that by only 0.1v to 1.36v They just responded and stated it is working as intended. :screwy:

Intel spec states about 1.1v core at stock setting. I would probably be OK at 1.2v without overclocking but at 1.36v it's running at almost 85C while crunching rosetta.

I think someone at Zotac needs to start firing their technicians. This is for my H55ITX wireless.

I contacted them about my i5 750 running at "default" of 1.46v core, which is way too high. I can lower that by only 0.1v to 1.36v They just responded and stated it is working as intended. :screwy:

Intel spec states about 1.1v core at stock setting. I would probably be OK at 1.2v without overclocking but at 1.36v it's running at almost 85C while crunching rosetta.

Yea... that doesn't sound right. Do they have any bios updates available?

Yea... that doesn't sound right. Do they have any bios updates available?

There is an update but the info doesn't mention anything about vcore fix, and Zotac left out one very important part of BIOS update: how to actually update this one.

The manual mentions using floppy drive but there is no floppy port on the mobo :bang head, refused to boot off USB :bang head, no option to allow booting from USB :bang head, and no option to flash in BIOS menu :bang head. There is Windows flash utility but I am running Ubuntu and I don't think Windows emulation would play nice with BIOS flashing software of any kind.

This is why I suggested they fire the people who designed the board for so many glaring oversight. I only have 2 Windows license and both are in use and I don't want to tangle with Microsoft just to flash one mobo. I had Vista install but they were misplaced :rain: and I tried Windows XP, it wouldn't boot at all for some reason. I guess the hardware is too new for XP disk.

Well since it's running at "stock" voltages, if the cpu or mobo dies, you should be covered for an RMA... :/

Well since it's running at "stock" voltages, if the cpu or mobo dies, you should be covered for an RMA... :/

ya but its a pain to RMA stuff and have the down time (INTEL is pretty quick at RMA.... i am currently 5 days into an RMA of my i5 760, a new one got shipped back today)

It died in a similar manor... the auto vdimm voltage in the bios is 1.8-1.85v... WAY higher than the 1.5v that it should be and thus killed the chip. luckily i can undervolt as much as i want to set it to its proper settings.

Your only option seems to be to flash within windows... unfortunately its not the best way, but its your only way so thats how your going to have to do it... i have done it before many times on various mobos, and never had a problem.... but its always been a lil unnerving... hell any bios flash has always been unnerving. Least the system wont be unstable due to too low of a vcore for the given cpu clock :chair:

Last edited:
Wow that's not really acceptable for a mobo... You could in theory mod the mobo to force it to a certain voltage but that would be semi-permanent and a royal PITA. You could always re-write the bios too :p

Back