• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID 5 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atomic_Sheep

Hi guys, I just started reinstalling a fresh system after installing my 4th HDD today finally. I went into the RAID setup by pressing Ctrl + I, deleted the old RAID 0 thingie and then created a new RAID 5. I then went to Win 7 Installation and it wouldn't install claiming that my partition might not be bootable so after looking around BIOS I didn't find any issues that might have been causing the problem and when I went back into the RAID configurator, I noticed that sure enough, whenever I create a new partition, for some reason it would get created as non-bootable.

No idea why this is the case and I don't know what to do? I've got a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev 1.0 and my BIOS version is F5. I know version F7 Beta is out but judging from what is on there, it's just SSD compatibility that has been improved with F6 having RAID3 performance improvements or something, so doesn't look like there's any obvious fix in a BIOS upgrade.

Problem somewhat solved... I found out that with my chipset, theres a 2TB limit and with my 4 Seagate 1TB Hdds obviously I'm over that limit. I tried limiting the RAID volume to 1950 and its gone from not bootable to bootable... now I just want to figure out what the RAID 3 BIOS update is and whether it might solve the 2TB limitation but I would be happy with 2TB anyway so I'm not too fussed either way for the moment.

Back