• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pittsburgcat

Registered
I have 3 computers that are currently being used to do CAD/CAM work...I hvae each of them overclocked to 4000 mhz. They are solid/stable and run perfectly. I recently had a fourth computer built with upgraded components (an i5 instead of an i3, an improved mb, 12 gb of RAM instead of 6 GB, etc). When the other 3 computers are rendering with the CPU maxed out at 100%, you can still use the computers to surf the web, do CAD work etc....it's a little slow but not bad. The brand new computer with "supposedly better" equipment, when it is rendering and at 100% CPU load, you can't do anything with it...the mouse starts and stops (not fluid movement), it's virtually useless. We also seem to get many more "not responding" errors that force us to restart whatever application is not responding. It's a real problem. Here is what I have tried so far: pulled out one stick (4 gb) of RAM, changed mouse/keyboard, cussed profusely at it...nothing has altered the behavior of the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, all RAM timings are set to auto and are correct. the only thing I've overclocked is the CPU, identical to what I've done with the other machines that are working properly. One other note: the other 3 computers all run around 70 C, this new computer runs at 80 C but has a better cooling system...just additional info.

Last edited:
Back