• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dusted computer, started problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kinraze

I havn't dusted my computer in awhile, there was a lot of dust but before cleaning my computer; it ran flawlessly, no problems.. after I dusted my computer and ran it, the computer felt as if it was laggy, sluggish while idle on desktop.... it doesnt feel that way right now but while playing games, when it gets gfx intense my computer slows down.. I've taken out the gfx card and tried dusting it again; same results.

a friend of mine suggested that maybe there is dust in the gfx card fan that might have gotten stuck/bearings.

any suggestions that might help me out? thx

I havn't dusted my computer in awhile, there was a lot of dust but before cleaning my computer; it ran flawlessly, no problems.. after I dusted my computer and ran it, the computer felt as if it was laggy, sluggish while idle on desktop.... it doesnt feel that way right now but while playing games, when it gets gfx intense my computer slows down.. I've taken out the gfx card and tried dusting it again; same results.

a friend of mine suggested that maybe there is dust in the gfx card fan that might have gotten stuck/bearings.

any suggestions that might help me out? thx

Bump! Lets find a solution!

Give it more than 10 minutes man... this isnt AIM!!! ;)

What are GPU temps, can you see the fan spinning on the GPU?

you should reseat all the hardware. something might have come loose. it might help

Add in cards
Ram
all cables...both ends
all power connecters

Back